Printed on front of mounting board, top right, with black ink: “P 80”
Penciled on back: “1898 schoolroom from Central Development Farm was moved to Beach Road (Harvey’s Joinery site). Then called Weraroa School. In 1904, as shown in this picture, it was towed along Main Road to Levin School site, where it is still used as the library (NW corner of N. block). Slab fence on right is round Weraroa Domain. A corner of Swainson & Bevan store (Mako Mako Rd / Main Rd corner) appears right. ‘
A tractor towing a school building from the site of Weraroa School in Hokio Beach Road to the Levin School site in Oxford Street in 1904. In this photograph the building is on the main road, just going past the Weraroa domain which is surrounded by a slab fence.To the right Swanson and Bevan’s building can be seen behind the domain fence. On the left a couple travel southwards in a horse drawn gig.
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted
See also 2000.018.0254 (enlarged duplicate) and 2000.118.0001
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”