Printed bottom left of photo, as caption – Oxford Street, Levin. N.Z.
Written on back with blue ballpoint pen: “According to Scott Aitken (son) Ken Aitken occupied the shop (now Bernina Sewing Centre No.172 Oxford St.) from 1909 to 1912 when he shifted to the west side Oxford St. (now south end 1/3 Deka No.213 Oxford St.)”
Penciled on back : “18 CII Oxford St. Looking North.”
Stamped on back - Horowhenua Historical Society Acc. No. Date
Oxford Street, Levin, c 1912 . This photograph looks north fropm the south western corner of the intersection of Bath Street and Oxford Street. On the opposite corner is the Public Library which was opened at the end of 1911. In the centre of the intersection is a gas standard with two lamps. The eastern side of Oxford Street has numerous commercial businesses.
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted
See also 2000.291.0002
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”