Penciled on back: “CII Oxford St. West side.” also ” According to Scott Aitken (son) Aitken occupied a shop on the eastern side (now 1994 Bernina Sewing Centre) from 1909 to 1912 when he shifted to the west side south end [of] DEKA.” and ” Glashin Clock Shop from 1912 to 1915 when Harry Hughes opened bakery shop.”
Stamped on back with black ink – Horowhenua Historical Society. Acc. No. Date
Written on back with blue ballpoint pen (with paper glued over) - According to Scott Aitken (son) Aitken occupied to [?] shop on east side ( now 1994 Berninia Sewing Centre) No) [?] from 1909 to 1915 when he shifted to the west side south end Deka.
Written on back with blue ballpoint pen - Glackin Clock shop from 1912 to 1915 when Harry Hughes opened bakery shop.
See also – Acc. #2000.524.0002 (original ?)
Part of the procession during the Armistice Day Peace Parade, 1918. This section of the parade features a small girl carrying a flag, Mr Rere Nicholson wearing a feather korowai (cloak) and hat, and a brass band . In the background are commercial premises on the western side of central Oxford Street.
1 B&W photo print
See also 2000.524.0002
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”