People examine the burnt out site of business premises on the western side of Oxford Street. The building to the right was A L Williams’ Tea Rooms and this was sold to Woolworths in 1947 and demolished to make way for a new building. The tea rooms was situated in the northern half of what is now (2001) the DEKA Building.
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”