Penciled on back – 37 CH
Typed on paper glued to back: “Opening of the Levin Carnegie Free Library 29/11/1911 Opened by Sir Joseph Ward, Premier. Entirely financed by Carnegie grant. Built by Mayer and Illingworth at a cost of 1450 (pounds), $2900. Sited on the north west corner of Bath and Oxford streets. Demolished March 1965. Brenmuhls and Warnocks shops are now on the site. Photo taken by Joseph Scott with a Brownie Box camera, Kodak.”
Written on back with black pen: “1981, Page 89. Chronicle Supplement.”
Opening of the Levin Carnegie Free Library, 29 November 1911. This library was situated on the north western corner of the intersection of Oxford Street and Bath Street.
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”