Skip to Content

Penciled on back: “House built by G.K. Douglas. 1907. 66-68 Weraroa Rd. opp. – Horo. College.”

66-68 Weraroa Road, Levin. Built by George Kenmer Douglas in 1906 as a wedding present for his wife Miss Helen Brodie Rae. The wooden house with an iron roof features two distinctive domes on the south-western and north western corners. The woman with the small child in this photograph is Mrs Helen Douglas

1 B&W photo print copy, mounted

See also 2000.496.0001(original) and 2000.494.0024

Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”

Identification

Object type
Image
Title
66-68 Weraroa Road

Related items

66-68 Weraroa Road
603 Queen Street (east), Levin
603 Queen Street (east), Levin
51 Bath Street, Levin, 1942
Bartholomew House, Roslyn Rd.
603 Queen Street (east), Levin
Kerslakes' Cottage Hokio Beach
Weraroa House
"Denaby" residence of Herbert Denton, Denton Road
Bartholomew Home, 8 Roslyn Rd.
Granny Smithson's Cottage
Miss Bowen's house

Creation

Created By

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
building,
buildings,
hhs mounted photograph collection,
levin,
mrs helen douglas,
private residence,
private residences,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

66-68 Weraroa Road
603 Queen Street (east), Levin
603 Queen Street (east), Levin
51 Bath Street, Levin, 1942
Bartholomew House, Roslyn Rd.
603 Queen Street (east), Levin
Kerslakes' Cottage Hokio Beach
Weraroa House
"Denaby" residence of Herbert Denton, Denton Road
Bartholomew Home, 8 Roslyn Rd.
Granny Smithson's Cottage
Miss Bowen's house

User comments