Printed on front of mounting board, top right, with black ink: “P 30”
Written on back with black ballpoint pen: “P30. Weraroa Boys Training Farm, Kimberley Road, c.1913. Instructor in white shirt and hat is M.W. Williams. His wife and son, Raymond, in doorway. Their house ‘Clematis Cottage’, is now demolished. Boys’ dormitory to left of cottage. P.C. Williams collection, Alexander Turnbull Library, Ref. No. 65871 1/2”
Typed on piece of paper glued to back: “2. Boys at gardening work c1913. The instructor was M.W. Williams (in the white hat). The house, ‘Clematis Cottage’ was the Williams dwelling. Mrs Williams and son Raymond are pictured in the doorway. The house has since been demolished. Boys dormitory to the left of the cottage. (Alexander Turnbull Library – Williams collection)”
Boys gardening beside ‘Clematis Cottage’, Weraroa Boys Training Farm (later Kimberley Centre), Kimberley Road, Levin, c.1913. The man in the white shirt in this photograph is Mr M. W. Williams who was an instructor at the Training Farm. His wife and son Raymond, are standing in the doorway of the cottage. Information on the reverse of this photograph states that this building has been demolished. This is incorrect as “Clematis Cottage” became the Nurses’ Home at Kimberley Hospital and Training School and is currently (2001) used as the Staff Education Centre.
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”