Update from plaque in Main Street, Foxton.
The view from Clyde Street dates from the early 1900s, prior to 1905. It was in that year that the old Bank of New Zealand building (next to the first telegraph pole on the left) was burnt down. Whytes Hotel is on the left and on the other side of White Street is the Red Store of M H Walker. A flag flies on the Post Office Hotel. On the right a group stands outside the building which was built as the Bank of Australasia and in the photograph is probably a doctor's surgery. It was also used by the Salvation Army Red Shield Club before it was burnt down.
Main Street, Foxton, looking south from Clyde Street intersection, c.1900. A group of people are gathered on the footpath while a girl dressed in white stands on the road . A gas streetlight stands on the corner.
Also large mounted copy
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Foxton Historical Society”