Printed bottom left of original: “Levin, Thompson & Palmer series.”
Penciled on back: “Oxford St. West. Gappers.”
The businesses on the western side of Oxford Street, Levin, looking north towards Queen Street c 1900. The first business to the left is that of W. Jamieson who was a cabinetmaker and upolsterer. This shop was situated where Noel Leeming is situated today (2001). All the businesses north from Jamiesons to the Levin Hotel at the Queen Street intersection are shown. The plane trees which were planted in 1897 appear very young in this photograph.
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted (with 2000.018.0151a)
Photo of postcard.
See also 2000.018.0150 (enlarged)
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”