Printed on front of mounting board, top right, with black ink : “P 54”
Typed on paper glued to back: “Bartholomew’s sawmill, Makahika valley, operated between 1906 and 1914. A tramway led to the main mill in Weraroa. This print copied by Colin Donoghue from Dorset Collection, and probably photographed by R.A. McDonald.”
Penciled – 72 CH
Bartholomew’s sawmill, Makahika Valley, c.1906. The sawmill is situated in the middle of a cleared area, while native bush remains on the hills in the background. This sawmill operated between 1906 and 1914, and timber was taken by tramway to the main mill at Weraroa.
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted
Compare with 2000.018.0330 (taken later from same spot).
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”