Typed on piece of paper glued to back: “E.J. August site later bought by J. Harvey from F. Hedgman. In 1991 site occupied by G. Brownhill (Jeweller) and Bennets Pharmacy. Clark’s site now Rushtons, Zillah Modes and Clarks Menswear. From a glass negative lent by Mr H.S. Walkley.”
Penciled on back: “34 CH top & 35 bottom.”
Four unidentified men, possibly staff, stand outside the premises of F. Hedgman & Co., on the eastern side of Oxford Street, Levin.
Names supplied by Ray Harvey:
Alf Smith, Mr Kernihan, Mr Hedgeman, ... O'Connel.
This cabinetmaker, upholsterers and art furniture manufacturers business was situated on this site from 1911 until 1923 when the building burned down. The business premises of W.M. Clark is to the right (south side).
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted (with 2000.018.0098b)
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”