Written on back with blue ballpoint pen: “E.B. Levy (left) & A.H. Cockayne (right) on steps of Massey College (about 1951). E.B. Levy (Knighted 1950) director Grasslands Division DSIR, began his career on the Central Development Farm in C.D. Farm Road in the mid 1920’s. He transferred to Wellington sometime before C.D. Farm closed. A.H. Cockayne was a biologist with the Department of Agriculture and was also based at C.D. Farm. He later became Director-General of Agriculture. This photo was copied from one obtained from Mr Cockayne’s daughter who was living in Waikanae 1989. D. Dennis.”
E.B. Levy (left) and A.H. Cockayne (right) on the steps of Massey College, c.1951. E B Levy (knighted 1950) Director Grasslands Division DSIR began his career on the Central Development Farm in C D Farm Road in the mid 1920s. He transferred to Wellington sometime before C D Farm closed. A H Cockayne was a biologist with the Department of Agriculture and was based at C D Farm. He later became Director General of Agriculture.
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted (on small mounting board)
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”