Printed on front of mounting board, top left, with black ink: “SHANNON ” Printed on front of mounting board, top right, with black ink: “P 6 “
Typed on piece of paper glued to back: “P6 Engine room of ‘Miranui’ Flaxmill, situated on east side of main road north of Shannon. Photo by James Hallam, Shannon.”
See also – Acc. #2000.533 (original ?) HHS Photos Outsize
The engine room of Miranui Flax Mill, c 1908. Miranui was the largest flaxmill ever built in New Zealand and was situated on the Shannon to Tokomaru highway. The flaxmill was opened in 1907. In this photograph nine men and a small girl are pictured alongside the suction gas engines in the engine room which is lined with timber.
1 B&W photo print copy, mounted
See also 2000.533.0001 (HHS Photos Outsize)
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”