Overgrown shrubs and trees in the gardens on the site of the original home of Nga Tawa School for Girls at the Waring-Taylor property in Kingston Road, Shannon. The school was established by Miss Mary Taylor in 1891 and relocated to Crofton Road, Marton in 1906. It is now situated in Calico Line, Marton. This photograph was taken some years after the school had moved to Marton.
See also – #.0009
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”