Skip to Content

Penciled on back: “Nga Tawa. goes in orange envelope.”

Written on back with bright red felt-tip pen: “105”

The original home of Nga Tawa School for Girls at the Waring-Taylor property in Kingston Road, Shannon. The school was established by Miss Mary Taylor in 1891 and relocated to Crofton Road, Marton in 1906. It is now situated in Calico Line, Marton. In this photograph the large wooden building appears to be deserted. This photograph was taken some years after the school had moved to Marton.

Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”

Identification

Object type
Image
Title
Former site of Nga Tawa School for Girls, Shannon

Related items

Former site of Nga Tawa School for Girls, Shannon
Former site of Nga Tawa School for Girls, Shannon
Former site of Nga Tawa School for Girls, Shannon
Former site of Nga Tawa School for Girls, Shannon
Vice Regal visit to Shannon - c.1955
W.H. Gunning, Draper and General Merchant store
Opening of Presbyterian Manse, 60 Clapham St., Shannon
W.H. Gunning and Co. Ltd. store, Shannon
W.H. Gunning, Draper and General Merchant store
Bank of New Zealand & Gunning General Store, Shannon
Post Office, Shannon
Plimmer Terrace, Shannon

Creation

Created By

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
buildings,
schools,
shannon,
shannon schools,
shannon historical collection - photographs,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Former site of Nga Tawa School for Girls, Shannon
Former site of Nga Tawa School for Girls, Shannon
Former site of Nga Tawa School for Girls, Shannon
Former site of Nga Tawa School for Girls, Shannon
Vice Regal visit to Shannon - c.1955
W.H. Gunning, Draper and General Merchant store
Opening of Presbyterian Manse, 60 Clapham St., Shannon
W.H. Gunning and Co. Ltd. store, Shannon
W.H. Gunning, Draper and General Merchant store
Bank of New Zealand & Gunning General Store, Shannon
Post Office, Shannon
Plimmer Terrace, Shannon

User comments