It was described:
- The home has an Historic Places Trust Category II Registration with [the] dignity and grace from a bygone era.
- The garden is the piece de resistance with its sweetly scented roses, buxus hedges, pond and feature cart. Imagine 100 years ago the guests gathered for the garden parties! Bringing you back to the moment, room for the swings and trampoline, fully fenced to keep the children safe and totally private. A selection of fruit trees, vegetable garden and space for a few chooks! A selection of service buildings and garaging providing a hobbyist the perfect place to create.
- Stained-glass front door (one of several), a feeling of nostalgic charm and timeless elegance ...
- The native timbers including exposed timber floors, kauri doors and windows, rimu architraves have been lovingly restored throughout and the bedrooms are spacious and ceilings high studded.
- The bathrooms practical but in keeping with the original character of the home.
- A substantial family lounge loaded with character and quality, from the fireplaces, timber surrounds and classic drapes on windows that frame the beautiful garden.
- The kitchen, a more modern addition is well situated for breakfast dining in the courtyard and enjoy the historic and functional coal range giving ambience to this spacious service area and adjoining alcove for family dining!