Written on back of one of the copies with red felt-tip pen – 111 Also penciled on back – N. Allan
Chemist shop established by R.S. Polson taken over by F. Denton 2 B&W photo prints, copies
Unidentified man wearing white hat standing in front of the building. Building is shared with a dentist (unnamed) specialising in extractions.
The photo is undated and appears to have been taken between 1900 and 1920.
Used in book – “From Bush & Swamp”, page 49, with caption - An early chemist shop in Ballance Street, eatablished by R.S. Polson and later taken over by F. Denton. The dentist featured on the left window specialised in extractions.
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”