Community Contributed

Fire in Billiard Room, Levin - The Evening Post 4 November 1927

Kete Horowhenua2020-01-27T18:43:59+00:00

The Evening Post 4 November 1927 reported:

Fire in Billiard Room

A fire broke, out at 3.30 this morning in a billiard saloon in Oxford street. The building was destroyed. Good work by the brigade prevented the flames from spreading to the surrounding wooden buildings. The insurances on the building, owned by tho Hannan Estate, were £300, and on the three tables and fittings, owned by Mr V Hume, £500.