This one was built for Mr Dick Speirs in 1940 by Harvey and France.
The walls rise up above the roof as a parapet with no overhang. This was forbidden in later building regulations.
Mr and Mrs Speirs, and later Mrs Speirs alone, occupied Number one until 1979 when it was sold to Mr and Mrs R.D. Young. The original corrugated iron roof was replaced by the same material that year.