Written on photocopy beside picture with blue ballpoint pen: Dr Maysie A.M. Gow. Dr Maysie Collie at this time in 1911. In Hyde Park, London.
It is presumed her birth certificate to show her name as – Alice Maysie Collie - but prefers to be called ‘Maysie’.
Dr Alice ‘Maysie’ Collie, 1911, ( later Dr Gow), 1st NZ graduate from MRCS and LRCP in England, wearing a dark skirt and jacket which has a number of buttons up the sleeve. Her jacket is worn over a cravat of a material which has a shine, she has a white hadbag and umbrella in her right hand. Her outfit is completed with a large brimmed white hat and white gloves.
1 Photocopy of informal portrait
Information in envelope on Dr Gow and her husband Dr John Gow who were the first owners of what is now known as Thompson House.
Any use of this image must be accompanied by the credit “Horowhenua Historical Society Inc.”