Details about how to register.
Once you start the registration process by clicking on Register you will need to work fairly steadily to enter the required information. If you find you have troubles with the security code at the end it is because it expired while you were filling out the information; no problem - but you will have to start again!
You will need to enter the following information:
- Login: this is your private login name and will not be seen by other Kete users. It must be unique and we will check that it is available for use and let you know if it is isn't. It must not contain any spaces or punctuation, and is case sensitive so be careful about capitals and lower case letters. Choose something you will remember easily.
If your name is John Smith your login might be 'jsmith17'.
- Email: enter your email address. We will send you a confirmation email message when you have registered.
- Password: choose a secret password that only you know or could guess easily. A good password would be 6 - 8 characters long and include a mixture of letters and numbers. We can not see your password so you might want to write it down somewhere safe, or maybe just a hint to help you remember it.
- User name: This is screen name that other users will know you by. It could be your real name, especially if you want people to be able to find you, but it could also be a nickname. It can contain spaces and capitals.
If your name is John Smith you might select 'John Smith' as your user name or you might prefer "Captain Courageous".
- Email visible? You will be asked whether you want other Kete users to be able to see your email address. This can be helpful if you are interested in the same Kete subject areas, or if they are interested in some of the material you have added to kete. It is set to no by default.
- Interests: You may like to list your interests or research areas for other Kete users. This is optional, but will be particularly helpful for genealogists and researchers.
- Security Code: You will need to type in the security code that is shown in a greyed out box. This is case sensitive so capitals and lower case are important. This lets us know you are a person and not a potentially destructive, automated process. It changes after a short time period so you need be quite fast filling out your form. If you have taken too long and the security code check fails, then you need start again.
Once you are registered you will be able to participate fully in every aspect of the Kete website.
|Registration||Finding things||Adding things|
| Linking things||Fixing things||Text editor|
| Locked baskets|