The old fire station was a hut from Mangahao Dam brought down by volunteers in 1928 and
The original Shannon Fire Bell
Early Shannon Fire Truck
As can read in the Brief History of the Shannon Volunteer Bridgade, the small town brigades were largely funded by the indivuals of the town and their fund raising efforts.
In 1947 the Shannon community ran a successful Queen Carnival which raised £1175 14s for the Fire Brigade.
The winning queen was Miss Ngaire Peach from the town committee with £534 12s 7d.
- Shannon Volunteer Fire Brigadesmen marching li>
- Page 16 - Shannon Fire Brigade - 6 b/w photos li>
- Page 17 - Shannon Fire Brigade - 1 colour photo (larger than A3) li>
- Shannon Volunteer Fire Brigade's new station li>
- Opening, Shannon Volunteer Fire Brigades' new station li>
- Shannon Volunteer Fire Brigade, c.1959 li>
- A brief history of the Shannon Volunteer Fire Brigade li>
- Model of the First Shannon Fire Truck li>
- First Shannon Fire Station li>
- Early Shannon Fire Truck li>
First Shannon Fire Bell