Buller collections to Dominion Museum E Post 5 August 1911

Original Filename: Buller_collections_to_Dominion_Museum_E_Post_5_August_1911.jpg (view)

Original Size: 200 KB

Original Image Type: image/jpeg

Buller collections to Dominion Museum E Post 5 August 1911.

Caption

Some time ago the late Mr. Percy, Buller presented his fine collection of foreign butterflies, which have been so much admired lately when exhibited, to the Dominion Museum, and the late Sir Walter Buller, his father, was, during the whole of his life, a contributor to the collection.

The museum has just received from another member of the family, Mr. Leo Buller, two canoes which were on the beautiful Papaitonga lake. One is a large war canoe called Te Ranga, about the size of the one in the museum, and the other is a small light craft of very perfect workmanship, presented to him by the late Major Kemp (Te Rangihiwinui, called Karere-a-Mahuri). There are very few specimens of this small light craft now existing. Steps will be taken shortly to bring those canoes from the lake to the museum.

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Tags

Buller collections to Dominion Museum E Post 5 August 1911


Creator:Evening Post
Creation date:5 August 1911
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License
Buller collections to Dominion Museum E Post 5 August 1911 by Pippa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License